Friday, September 14, 2012

Back to Work!

We've been on a little rain delay for the half inch of gentle rain we got Wed. afternoon, but today is a beautiful day - sunny and in the 70's - so everybody is busy combining and hauling again.  Our guys were waiting until after lunch to start a field of seed beans.  They require special care like making sure the combine and trucks are completely cleaned out from past loads.  The grain bin(s) they go into have to be spotless too.  Most others are still working on corn.  We have about 16 more fields of corn to do but when beans get ready, they need to be combined.  This is a weird year and there will be switching back and forth.

Bill sent me to West Bend John Deere after lunch for a bolt.   Now I'm going back to the field I had just started on Wed. afternoon.  I had made it alllllllll the way around the field once - by the FENCE - (whew - but getting easier), had set the angle and gone back & forth a few times when the rain started.  

I headed to the grocery, the library for books on CD I can listen to in the tractor and was able to have a hair appointment yesterday.  Saw lots of other people out catching up on errands in the rain.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look out for the drain tile intakes! LOL!!

-Jim

Cindy said...

I'm getting pretty good at going around the intakes now - and getting the weeds! Today I got so close to one on all sides that ALL the weeds are gone! Have 'almost' hit 2 but got stopped in time and backed up enough to get around with no problem!