Monday, September 24, 2012

DUST!!

As we were having lunch on the screened porch at the back of our house one day last week, this is what it looked like every time a semi hauling grain went by.  Sometimes it's worse than this if they're going fast.  I really didn't get good pictures of how white it gets for a few seconds if the wind makes the dust come toward our house.  We need rain!  Even though we have a new house and windows (that are closed), the house gets very dusty inside.  Lots of nice weather days you can't have your windows open due to the dust.    

As of yesterday when I set up this post, I'm having some time off.  It feels strange to be at home when so many are going by our house with combines and semis or tractors pulling full wagons on the way to the elevator.  We're doing beans right now so Tim and Bill can handle that just the two of them and we don't rip the bean ground which is what I do.  Bill usually combines and dumps directly into the semi and Tim hauls it to town.  I'm "on call" for parts runs and to take supper out.  When I do that I usually ride with Bill until he combines enough to fill up both semis and the grain cart which is all we can do since the elevator closes around 6:00 (the time varies).  Sometimes he needs to move equipment so I give him rides between places.

We did get our combine back on Sat. and it seems to be running right.  Bill is very glad to have "his" back.  Another guy here had something bad happen with his combine this morning.       

No comments: