Tuesday, January 17, 2012

This and That

I haven't posted a sunset picture for a long time and saw this in my file. It's from a Nov. evening. Tonight we're down to 0 already. Supposed to be really cold tomorrow. This morning we had a little snow but nothing that stuck to the roads or anything.

Bill has been working on our taxes. I've gotta start working on my part tomorrow. He's hauled some more corn and been to another class or two. Tomorrow is a Pioneer Seed grower meeting with a BBQ lunch provided.

My brother, Glenn, was here over the weekend. Diane & girls and I took him to the Omaha airport Sun. morning and then spent the day shopping there before heading back. It's about three hours away from here. Nice day except Lacey was sad to see Papa go back to Texas.

Yesterday I had Lacey for the afternoon. We baked a "cake" in her new Easy Bake Oven. It was more like a cookie. Their pictures and things are very misleading about what you can make in those things! Then we had our cake and real tea using her little tea set she has here. She liked my Constant Comment tea. We read on our Nooks for a while. I was hoping we'd both fall asleep but no such luck.

I finished typing the recipes I had to do for the Rolfe Cookbook tonight! Next meeting is Thurs. We'll probably start putting them in the order we want them to be printed in. We ended up with right at 800 recipes. The cover is going to be in the school colors with the mascot and a picture of the school on the front (there is no longer a school in our town), and there will be several other old pictures throughout.

No comments: