Thursday, January 5, 2012

Carriage Ride with Lacey

This is what we rode in with Dream Carriage Rides a couple of times this Christmas season. Just Lacey & I went right before Christmas and she LOVED it and mentions it every time I see her. She and I were lucky that the night just the two of us went, the weather was perfect. Chilly but not freezing and no wind. She had on a cute hat and I bundled her into a blanket so she looked pretty comfy. On this night, a couple ladies in the back even started some Christmas carols, and I could tell that Lacey liked that, especially Jingle Bells since that mentions riding in a one horse open sleigh and she had been singing that a lot all month! The owner/driver of the horses said that kids riding always sing "two horse open sleigh"!

I think the man who does this light display every year is in his 80's! What a light bill he has to have! The house is on a hill so you can drive in front of the house and also go down below and see the back.

Click on the short video below if you want to hear the clop, clop of the horses and the jingle bells again. I know at least two of us that will probably do this again next year!




No comments: