Friday, January 13, 2012

Reserve Your Copy Now!

After going to the cookbook committee meeting yesterday and sitting here entering recipes (we're up to 750 now!), I thought I'd do a post letting those that are from here or originally from here and scattered now - or anyone else - know that you can reserve your copies of the cookbook now at the Rolfe State Bank with Joni or tomorrow night at the RBI Membership Dinner. Cost is $15. Reserving them now will help us know how many to print as it's very costly to do reprints so we hope to just order once. You can also let me know that you want one - or more - for gifts. We're excited about this cookbook! We're seeing lots of great sounding recipes as we enter them!

For my stamping/scrapbooking customers - check out my web site (top right) to see the new Occasions Mini catalog that you can now order from! Lots of new products including Framelits Dies to be used with the Big Shot. My favorite is the Hearts Collection. These are on page 6 of the Occasions Mini. We also have brand new Edgelits Dies and Textured Impressions Embossing Folders (pg. 7), a great new set called PS. I Love You (pg. 8), Dazzling Details (glittery glue) in the pretty red Cherry Cobbler, new color of Smooch Spritz (Blushing Bride), new laser cut cards, pleated satin ribbon, more fabric, more designer paper, a new Blossom punch, new stamp set with large tea cup and 3 smaller ones called Tea Shoppe and so much more! Order now until April 30th.

Sale-A-Bration begins Jan. 24th! It's a great time to order - free product with every $50 order! Check my web site above for all the details!

Bill is in town today after going to several farm related classes lately. It was a sunny but cold day (with no wind!). One of the things he's been doing is hauling some more corn to the elevator.

Just another glimpse of rural living - last night we had to run to Humboldt (23 miles one way) to pick up prescriptions for him. I tried to get them at our closer pharmacy in Pocahontas (13 miles one way) but they close at 5:00. There was only one dr. in today - some were out sick and it was the others' day off so the one dr. didn't get to the call in problems until after 5:00. The Humboldt Pharmacy is only open until 7:30. Our closest Walmart is 82 miles round trip.

Today I've been doing one of my favorite things - baking. I was asked if I could bake some "bars" or other dessert for the RBI Membership dinner tomorrow night. So far I've made 7 Layer Bars and Cream Cheese Cupcakes.

No comments: