Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Caramels

This year rather than spending lots of time making 75+ Christmas cards, I've been doing some other things. Several people like my caramels I make at Christmas time so this year I decided to use my stamping supplies to make toppers and package them cute for gift giving. Bill helped me wrap them which was great! He does it so you just twist them and the paper unrolls.

I did a post with the recipe and pictures last year on Dec. 15th. If you want to see it, look in the right column for the Recipes label, click on Recipes and scroll down to Dec. 15th. The post is titled "In the Kitchen". I notice this time last year in that post I was talking about being careful on the ice. This year it looks like our area will be having a Brown Christmas which is unusual.

There's a guy here in town that likes to give little things to people randomly. This past fall during harvest he gave me a caramel and said he buys 80 at a time for $35 from the Amish. I told him I'd have to give him some of mine at Christmas - so one of these is for him! The first time I met this guy was several years ago when Mom & Dad and I were here visiting in the Fall. A friend of Glenn's let me take a wagon of corn to the elevator with his pickup and Diane was with me. This guy went down the line of people waiting to dump their loads giving us water or pop from his cooler.

**That trip to town with the wagon could be a blog post by itself. Diane had her learner's permit and I let her drive while we were waiting in line - inching forward slowly. When we got to the scales, we didn't get on there straight and a guy had to help us. Dad was not happy that I had let Diane drive! Now that I live here, I wonder what all the others in line were saying about us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably don't want to know! :-)