Monday, December 12, 2011

Misc.


Bill has been doing odds and ends lately. He's been in the office catching up on bookwork, burning some stuff, and working on some equipment here and there. Last week we went Christmas shopping in Mason City for most of a day. The new snow blower arrived. Bill and Tim had been a little nervous that they had sold their old one before receiving the new one! They had to tinker with it a little to get it ready to go. Today Bill took our Enclave in (to Algona). Our fuel gauge has not been working. Sometimes we gain fuel as we drive and sometimes it goes down faster than it should.

Last Sat. Terry came out and replaced our very old dusk to dawn light that had quit working recently. See the brown van he's driving? That belonged to Bill's Grandpa and has to be really old! Terry told me that his uncle in Omaha reads my blog all the time! Hi! Glad you like it! It's fun - and surprising sometimes - to hear about people that like to read what we're up to. I know I like to read diaries of what people are doing every day in some of the magazines (like the ones written by the Amish in Our Iowa) so guess this is similar.

If we had not been on the home tour yesterday, I could've had some good pictures for a fun blog post! Our friend Kyle called and was stuck while out retrieving his deer stand at one of the farms. Tim went and pulled him out.

Last night we thought we heard rain but it was the sound of snow melting. As of today, all of our snow has melted except in the ditches and even most of it is gone. It's unusual to not have an all white December here! I personally would rather have white than brown but not too many agree with me! This brownness reminds me of winters in Indiana.

3 comments:

mom said...

It is still green in Indiana.

Anonymous said...

I thought that was the old van as soon as I saw it. So many memories form that, trip to Colorado, moving to and from college, etc.

-Jim

Cindy said...

Terry says the van is a '79!