Monday, December 19, 2011

Around Town

Ok, I was just in town mailing a package at the post office and saw the funniest thing! We just have a flashing red light in the middle of town (no stop lights - it's great!!). We have so little traffic in town that most of the time you "could" walk across the street from the library to the bank or wherever and not even look to see if any cars are coming before crossing! (almost) Well, just now this woman was stopped at the flashing light - in the middle of town - and texting and totally didn't have a clue that not one but TWO vehicles were behind her because normally you could do that, no problem! ha ha!! And, they were both waiting patiently - no honking even! :) Bill always tells me to have patience like that (I'm getting better/slower), and has always said that here you can stop and have a conversation with someone in another vehicle in the middle of town in the road and people will just wave and go around!

For those that used to live here, I took this picture so that you could see that Ropa's, our only restaurant, is being torn down. That corner is going to look different - already does.
Overheard in our little grocery the other day, someone was picking up a pizza and said "I sure hope you never close or I would starve to death"! The grocery now does pizza, broasted chicken and some other things for carry out.

I was going to get "stuff" done today but Diane called this morning and wants me to run to Ft. Dodge with her and Camry this afternoon. She needs to pick up something for Todd's ice fishing shack and wants to go to a "big" grocery. So off we go! Things will get done, right? (I'm taking my old Amy Grant Christmas CD that Diane and I always listened to in the car when she was like 8-12 or so!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill says have patience?? What is that??