Thursday, August 25, 2011

Little Dresses for Africa

I've gotten to have some fun with my stamping friends this week! Today I went to lunch with one of my long time customers/friends, Suetta. Then she showed me her office where she works plus they happened to have on display all of these cute Little Dresses for Africa! Click HERE to go to their web site. Suetta's mom made about 150 of the 189 dresses and 131 pairs of shorts they have ready to send to Africa! I thought many would be exactly the same but they're all different and so cute! Much of the fabric and trims were donated and many dresses are made from pillowcases.

On Tues., I got to go to the home of one of the Stampin' Up! demonstrators in my downline for some "play time". There were three of us. I took a couple of projects that Lynn and Debbie could make and Lynn showed us how to make an origami star with our designer paper and some garden stakes with flashing and our Big Shot dies. Debbie & Lynn showed me how to make a mummy, ghost, pumpkin and bat that are the perfect size to hold a Hershey nugget - made out of our Petal Card Double punch (pg. 212 in our catalog).


As you can see on the blackboard, Lynn made us a yummy lunch of Greek Panzanella, asparagus with roasted pepper dip, and buckeye bars with Constant Comment iced tea. I really like Constant Comment hot or iced - it's a good black tea with a cinnamon flavor.

We finally got .9" of rain here in central Indiana during the night along with a lot of lightening and thunder. The yards and all sure needed it.


No comments: