Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Visitors

Mom's brother, my Uncle Dale, stopped by one day on his new Honda Goldwing. He had a maroon one last time I saw him but recently traded for this red one. Looks like a really nice ride! He enjoys riding around in the summer.

The picture and video below is of the guy that comes to treat the pond behind Mom's house during the summer. It's to keep the pond clear of algae. Might be a fun summer job? The pond is really down and the grass looks bad after 37 days this summer above 90 and almost no rain.

Speaking of j
obs, I called Bill the other night and said "I got a job!" I had answered the phone for Mom one day. A woman was calling wanting her to be a mystery shopper this week, but when she found out Mom is recovering from knee replacement she said "oh, she probably can't do this then but maybe you can help me"? She needed me to shop at a certain area furniture store this week at a certain time and be looking for something that would be at least $300 and observe how many associates were in the store, where they were located when I went in, how soon I was greeted and how, if things were dusted and pillows fluffed, etc. etc. So I agreed. I had been with Mom on one of these before at a jewelry store. I went one evening looking for a comfy living room chair, filled out the two pages of questions/observations, called to say I had completed the job and faxed them in - and was paid $25 for about an hour of "work"! Bill told me he was still going to have to transfer money to cover our credit card bills that have recently come in - my temp. job is not going to help much!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So if your "working" out there, does this mean Dave and I get our jobs back on the farm?

-Jim

Cindy said...

I think I'm ready to go back to my job where I get paid nothing! :) But I'd take a day off here and there this fall!