Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Love the Fresh Market

Every time I'm back in Carmel I try to go once to the Fresh Market that's just down the street from Mom's neighborhood. It's just a neat place to look around. I love how everything is displayed.

The produce looks colorful and fresh, and they always have unusual gifty things and seasonal items up front like wrapped chocolates for Christmas or Valentine's Day, Easter candy and even white chocolate covered pretzels drizzled with Colts blue. I used to stock up on their Big Train Spiced Chai Tea mix but have fou
nd out that it's not a good thing to drink when on a diet especially since I like it made with skim milk rather than water.

They have lots of flowers and the best thing is that their roses are always $9.99 a dozen. They are fresh and last a long time. The only problem is deciding which color to buy! I told mom last year and this year that rather than bringing flowers to her at the hospital, I'd get some roses from Fresh Market after she got home and felt better
to enjoy them. The last picture is what I chose this time - kind of a salmon color which doesn't show up well in the picture, but they're beautiful. Grandma R. would've liked all of their orchids.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful and a good color choice!