Saturday, June 4, 2011

Summer Things

I think I may have shown a picture like this before but can't remember. Before I married Bill, one of my friends said "Oh, he is going to always be really dirty - farmers always are". But usually Bill is Mr. Clean! Sometimes I don't know how he can be farming and stay so clean! Every now and then he comes home with jeans looking like this. We use a lot of Resolve (formerly Spray N Wash) around here and love it - it works great on grease! On this day he was working on fixing tile lines out in the fields. He had to do a lot of digging.







I got to enjoy an hour or so here this morning finally! I'm loving how our landscaping is coming along and with the flowers now too, it really seems nice. Diane's hostas back here are perking up. This patio is on the back of the house on the east side so it gets morning sun and until about 3:00 - perfect! As of this afternoon, the screened porch is ready to use too! First we had really cool spring weather and then came the wind. Today is just hot (about 88). Bill finished the deck, patio and landscaping toward the end of last summer. The grass is still really spotty around the edges but the rest of the yard is looking good.

Bill and Tim are spraying beans today. Bill kept the sprayer running while Tim was at lunch and then I picked Bill up to come home and eat at about 1:15. He will spray until late this evening. I'll probably be taking some supper out to him.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Chance has been rebuilding a tractor for a school project. he came home GREASEY every day, UGH! We have such hard water that I add Boraxo to the HOT wash water, I was amazed at how clean his jean came out of the wash.

Cindy said...

I haven't heard of Boraxo. I should get some just in case!