Wednesday, June 22, 2011

New Year for Stampin' Up! Starts 7/1!

All of my Stampin' Up! customers are excited at this time of year - the new catalog comes out! I've been getting mine ready to mail and sent them out yesterday. We have five new In Colors (Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder and Island Indigo) so I labeled and included samples of them for everybody. Some of our current year stamps are retiring so check my web site and get them ordered before the end of the month!

We've had about 7" of rain in the last five days - enough! Actually a little too much. Mon. night I was in the storm room again and Bill was out spotting. There ended up being quite a bit of wind damage in the area when it was all over.

We are lucky that we're not near any rivers here. Southwestern Iowa is really having some major flooding problems with levees breaking.

I put this picture of the apple pie I made on the 18th as proof that Bill had apple pie (again). He's always saying that I never make him apple pie. He would eat it every day if I made it that often.

Speaking of pie, today we went to the memorial service for a friend's mother. She was a great cook and pie baker. Everyone here has stories of going to her house and being fed a full meal no matter what time of day and of her delicious pies. For her memorial service, she wanted a country dinner at noon, catered, with homemade pie for everyone - and that's what we had. My job was cutting and plating the 21 pies and it took me that many pieces to decide which one I wanted (strawberry - yum!)! There was pumpkin, peach, blueberry, rhubarb, strawberry, apple and pecan. It was a nice service with about 165 attending - and staying for dinner! The family took her body to a country cemetery in a wagon pulled by a team of horses before the service.

No comments: