Saturday, April 27, 2013

Daffodils in Bloom

It's a nice, warmer, sunny day and my daffodils are blooming.  Daffodils are my favorite flower so every house I've ever lived in I've planted them.  By the time they have multiplied nicely and I have *maybe* have enough to enjoy outside plus pick lots to bring inside, I usually move.  Since I don't plan on moving ever again, I'm hoping to get about 100 times this many planted here!  (maybe not quite that many ...)  These are up next to the house on the south side.  In another spot that we planted some new bulbs  last Fall, they haven't even poked out of the ground yet.
My favorite flower.
Yesterday afternoon, Bill got started working ground on a field owned by the dairy here in town.  They are anxious to get hay planted.  I took pizza out to Bill and then rode with him until that field was done about 10:00.  It was kind of a refresher for me too.  So first field down - several to go!  We're hoping to find another field dry enough to start today.  Will probably see others out today too.

This past week, Bill worked with a local electrician, Kevin Kerns - something about the first electrical box wasn't right so they had to put in a new one.  Now the inspector has to come again and the electric company to finish it up - we hope!
Bill is the one up high.



No comments: