Saturday, April 13, 2013

Thanks Mom!

My phone is back thanks to Mom so I have pictures!  Will get busy now and post the pictures of the tea room we went to while she was here and then things we did when in Florida back in January.

Bill and Tim have been working on the planter.  Per our Federal Crop Insurance, we could've started planting on April 11th this week but the soil temp. is only 33 degrees and needs to be around 55.  We just had another snow Wed. night.  This morning, Bill mentioned needing to check out the sprayer but once he tests it with water in it, it would have to be kept in Tim's heated shed so it wouldn't freeze.  Our night time temps. are still below freezing.  Our grass is barely starting to get green in places and birds are returning.  I have some daffodils up and getting ready to bloom. 

I babysat the little girls today.  After getting Camry to sleep for a nap, Lacey & I made 7 Layer Bars and some Chocolate Pecan Kisses which are meringue type cookies.  I made them for the first time with an old recipe of Mom's yesterday for Diane's birthday and they turned out good.  She has always loved "meringues".  They are so easy! 

I've been spending some time with my friend, Terri, helping her with the business things that need to be done when your spouse passes away.  I told her I'm her personal assistant like I was in my last job since many of the things we're doing are the type of things I did at work.  It's nice to be doing it with and for a friend rather than as a real job.    

No comments: