Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Delivering May Baskets While It's Sleeting

It's hard to believe that we were working ground, planting and spraying in three fields just yesterday when we have snow tonight with 6-9" possible!  
What it looked like when I was delivering May Day baskets.
I had been thinking about doing May Day baskets off and on and then saw some ideas for some on Miss Spenser's blog yesterday.  I liked the idea of making them out of cans (like pineapple, green beans, etc.) since I had a couple of empty ones in recycling I could use.  Also, in my stamping tools, I have a Crop-A-Dile that will punch holes through anything.

I just used one sheet of 12 x 12 designer paper to cover both cans.  I attached it with sticky strip so it would hold.  I punched 2 holes in each can to tie the ribbon handles through.  Then I used my Beautiful Wings Embosslit to cut out several sizes of butterflies (color is Summer Starfruit).  I added some pearls to one butterfly and a rhinestone to another, then attached them to the covered can with glue dots.  I made a tag with the Extra Large Oval Punch and the Scallop Oval Punch and wrote Happy May Day!   All products used were Stampin' Up!  Order any time through my web site - above right.

One is for our neighbors and one for Lacey and Camry.   The only thing wrong was that it was sleeting when I went to deliver them!  We went from working ground and planting corn yesterday to getting 6-9" of snow today!  A couple of days ago I was getting the screened porch ready for the summer!
Before filling.
Filled and ready to deliver.

Snow in the porch
I picked these after taking the picture. 

No comments: