Sunday, May 12, 2013

Back in Business!

Yesterday Bill and Tim found a couple of fields dry enough to work and plant so they got busy, and we have 70 more acres planted and two more fields worked and ready to plant finally!  It got down to 31 last night but we didn't see frost when we got up.  We just need a few good days that are dry!  Housework is done (is it ever done?), meals are in the freezer, our bookwork is ALL caught up (it's a Miracle!) and I'm ready to be put to work in the tractor!

Unfortunately, this means our plans for an early Mother's Day brunch today in Clarion with Bill's mom got scrapped.  But being a farm owner, she says it's ok, planting is a good thing!  Now she's going out for lunch with a friend.

Happy Mother's Day to my mom in Indiana, my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law, Karen, and some of the other moms who read my blog - that I know:  my IA mom, Marge, cousins Pam L., Kelly and Dina, Aunt Lois, Aunt Jan, Anna Ruth, Suetta, Pam L., Phyllis, Lois S., Marie, Marilyn, Sandy, Luan, Sarah, Cindy.   

Some of my favorite pictures of my mom:
At Daisy's on Main in Clarion this spring.

at Mom's

Me, Mom & niece, Diane at the P.E.O. Wine Tasting here.

Mom & Camry

lunch on our porch

No comments: