Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Convention in Des Moines

Last week, Bill and I went to Des Moines for his yearly Pocahontas Mutual Insurance Convention.  We got there on Sun. evening.  All of the Board of Directors plus wives went out to Johnny's Italian Steakhouse that night.  Our room overlooked the pool and area where the vendors' tables were and where the President's Reception and breakfasts were.  
Monday during the day and Tues. I went shopping at two nice malls in Des Moines while Bill was at the convention.  Monday night there is always a dinner and entertainment.  This year the band was Philip Myers and his band.  They played mostly Billy Joel and Elton John songs.  Luckily, I didn't have breakfast or lunch at the hotel on Tues.!
Phillip Myers and band
I even got to see Santa!  It's always good to get some Christmas shopping done on this trip.  I enjoyed the pretty decorations, the Christmas music and it was nice that there were very few shoppers.







 

No comments: