Thursday, July 12, 2012

Busy!

Sorry I haven't posted for several days.  We seem to have a lot going on.  Bill is getting ready to put up a new machine shed behind our house so we met this week with the company that will do that.  Then Bill, with Tim's help, has been measuring to figure out exactly where it'll go and he's disked the beans in that spot and started hauling some dirt in to get it level.

We got 2/10" of rain here at our house on Mon. but farther north at Tim's - nothing.  And very little in the forecast but plenty of sun, heat and humidity.

I had lunch with friends on Mon. at Our Daily Bread in Algona and then we went on to Emmetsburg for dessert at New Shoots.  

I try to get all of the yearly dr., dentist, eye appointments done in the summer when we're not farming and the weather is good so yesterday was a day for some of that.  

I organized a new catalog swap for my downline (Stampin' Up!) and their cards were due to me on Mon.  Twelve of us participated.  I got them swapped and mailed back out.  The card I made for the swap is this one using the Just Believe stamp set and the new argyle embossing folder.  I inked the stamp with markers, stamped the image and then used the leftover ink on the stamp to stamp on the argyle background.  The colors are the new In Colors, raspberry ripple and gumball green.  All products can be ordered from my web site above right.  


Tonight was the first night for pickup and sales of the new Rolfe Sesquicentennial Cookbook.  Lots of people stopped by to get theirs and many are being bought for gifts.  Greater Rolfe Days starts tomorrow and I'm going to be selling cookbooks at several of the events like the fire dept.'s water fights, the parade and the rodeo.  Sun. the firemen (and wives) feed the town at an omelet breakfast.

The first sweet corn is ready so it's time to freeze some.  Bette Jo got some done today.      

 

No comments: