Thursday, October 20, 2011

Ripping is Done

I was ripping yesterday (first picture) and Tim came out to finish up last night so all we have to do now is applying anhydrous to all of the bean ground - about 1250 acres probably.

Mom and I have a really good lunch waiting for Bill today since it's my first day off with time to do it. We're having pork chops made like Bette Jo had for us one day, green beans, sweet potatoes, homemade bread and apple pie. I'm taking pictures of the apple pies any time I make them and putting them on the blog so there is proof. Bill says I never make pie for him, especiall
y his favorite apple. Since the last apple pie, he's had cherry, pumpkin and sugar cream!

He just called and said that he'll be a little late for lunch because the quadtrac has a problem and they have it torn apart. They want to figure out what's wrong and go get parts. Since the ripping is done, he was wanting to change the oil today and start using it to do anhydrous tomorrow.

Bette Jo's pork chops are dipped in beaten egg and seasoned bread crumbs, browned in the skillet and then baked in a roaster for an hour and a half or until tender.

After lunch, Mom and I are headed to shop in West Bend and then picking Lacey up after school for some one on one time with her. We have her little sister tomorrow all day and then both of them Sat.

3 comments:

kelly said...

You're making me hungry for my mom's cooking:)

Peg said...

Probably a good thing I was in Blue Earth with the g'kids or I would have been knocking on your door at lunch time. :)

Cindy said...

Kelly, your mom is sure a good cook! I bet you do miss it! Hey, do you want to put any recipes in the new Rolfe cookbook? If so, e mail them to me. Would love to include you!