Friday, April 18, 2014

Tea Party at Cindy's

Since moving here, I miss having women over for stamp classes like I did monthly in Indiana.  I always baked something and got to use some of my fun dishes.  I've recently met someone who is making it her mission to get women together for getting to know each other better and just for them to get out and enjoy some time with other women.  I think that's a good thing and thought of a long list of women I could invite to get together.  

Mom and I have enjoyed going to some nice tea rooms, and I've been to a few here.  Tea room food is good and fun to make:  little sandwiches, scones and sweets.   I decided to have a tea party and narrowed the list to eight ladies for this first one.

I made/stamped invitations and mailed them out and planned the menu.  The menu was pimiento cheese sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches, cinnamon chip scones and lemon cream scones with lemon curd and mock Devonshire cream, chocolate mousse tarts, cookies one of the ladies brought, cream cheese mints and candied pecans.  

I've only made scones a couple of times and forgot how much they puff up.  These heart shaped cinnamon chip scones looked perfect before baking.  They were pretty big when done.
Then the lemon cream scones needed more flour so they really spread out, but I "made do" by cutting flower shapes out of the middle. They tasted good.


Here is one of the place settings.  Notice the little purse favor I made with my stamping supplies.  There is a Hershey nugget inside.
 
This is the center of the table. 












And the whole table.  Next post will show the food and the guests!
 

No comments: