Thursday, March 20, 2014

What's Been Going On?

It's been a long time since I've posted.  Without much snow this winter, we've kept busy.  We've been to Las Vegas, the fish frys during Lent have started so we went to one.  Bill has finished his work bench, and he and Tim are hauling corn from the grain bins to the elevator and getting equipment ready for planting.  My mom and Glenn were just here for a visit.  

I went to a women's Bible Study at church and made some new friends.  One of them LOVES to make cards so she and I have really hit it off and have gotten together a few times already for lunch and to make things for others.  So I have taken lots of pictures since I last posted.

The weather was decent this year to go to the Emmetsburg St. Patrick's parade which is fun to see.  I took lots of pictures.   The first picture is of shamrocks with Hershey kisses and notes that Lacey and I made for her teachers.
There is an Irish Gifts shop open year round in Emmetsburg.  There was a steady stream of people going in and out - it was packed!
inside the store
always fun to see a green horse, pony & dog!


This nun on a Segway was sprinkling Holy Water on the parade route.




There were about 4 Shriners groups.




there were several area Irish families in the parade

silly clowns and their jalopy

No comments: