Monday, July 8, 2013

We're Back!

We just got back tonight from a fun weekend in Door County, Wisconsin - actually Sturgeon Bay - for a 50th anniversary celebration.  These are the people we visited in February and went snowmobiling with.  When we were there in Feb., the snow was deep so it was fun to go back when everything is green.  The famous Door County cherries are almost ripe.

I have a bunch of fun pictures to post - hopefully starting tomorrow - of a boat ride, the place we stayed, The Log Den where we ate last night, a Christmas shop, and a lighthouse for starters.  

It got hotter the closer to home we got today.  The high was 92.  It looked like rain was getting close but my flower pots looked so dry that I watered them some in case the rain missed us.  It didn't!  We got at least 8/10".   The grass, our trees and plants needed it. 

We have a busy week ahead of us with our town's Sesquicentennial being celebrated during the annual Greater Rolfe Days this weekend.  Bill is a fireman and will be helping with the water fights on Fri. night, he'll be in a fire truck in the parade and I'll be driving a Gator for our P.E.O. entry, then I help with a salad luncheon and Sun. we'll be working at the firemen's omelet breakfast, and then I'll be a hostess in a home on the home tour in the afternoon.

Tues. I have a P.E.O. luncheon in Okoboji, and then I leave out of the Omaha, NE airport the next morning for the 25th Anniversary Stampin' Up! Convention in Salt Lake City.

No comments: