Monday, July 15, 2013

Sesquicentennial Parade

Saturday was the parade - and I took lots of pictures.  One of the highlights for me was meeting Harvey Applegate.  His nephew, Terry, who has helped Bill a lot with the electrical project in our new shed, had told me that his uncle in Omaha reads my blog every day.  He went to school here in Rolfe, and I found out he was a classmate of Bill's dad.  So I've taken pictures of Terry in the past helping Bill so he'd be on the blog for his uncle to see.  

During parade lineup Sat. morning, these two neat old orange tractors pulled in behind us and then the calliope.  I eventually asked this guy standing back there if someone was going to be playing the calliope this year or would it just be "playing itself".  He said it was going to just be playing, etc.  Terry walked up and asked his uncle if he knew who he was talking to and immediately I said "is this your uncle from Omaha????"  And it was!  Too funny.  He told me his morning routine is something like getting up early, gets his coffee or eats something, looks at his local paper and the Fort Dodge paper here on the Internet and then it's always "Cindy's blog".  So now he's met me in person and I've met "Terry's uncle in Omaha"!  It was really nice to meet you Harvey!  Very fun!
tractors behind us


Harvey Applegate on his tractor
Harvey, his nephew Terry Applegate and Terry's son
part of the lineup down Railroad St.
Bill's 2nd cousin, Bryan who is here for the summer from CO

Bryan behind us

some very large farm equipment

unusual car

some P.E.O. sisters, Dee and Linda

look who I found watching the parade!


the guy who paints the Freedom Rock in southern IA every year

He painted a rock in someone's yard in Rolfe - wants to have one in every county in IA.


large dog

our church's bus carrying puppets

Some firemen - Bill, Luke Dahl, Glenn Munson and Aaron Orwig
Duck Dynasty's Phil and Miss Kay (P.E.O. sister Jule Hudgens & husband, John)















our P.E.O. entry - and Tim's Gator with Linda Clark riding

(nice Gator) - from the back


No comments: