Saturday, March 16, 2013

Practice Burn


Our fire department got together today with four other area fire departments to practice burn this house that is out in the country - a really pretty setting for a house.  The other departments were Gilmore City, Bode, Bradgate and Pocahontas - about 20-25 firefighters including three women.

They do air pack practice, water transfer practice, smoke ventillation, and search and rescue.  (I told him I could've been the victim)  Our Chief was the head of the operation today.  His wife asked me to make some "bars" for their lunch.  They had pizza.  I took these pictures when I delivered my chocolate chip bars.  They practiced in the morning and then burned the house after lunch.  Bill said everything went very well.   

I met the wife of the couple that hope to build a new house here when they retire.  This was her uncle's house. 




 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Matthew wants to know if you took pictures of the fire?

Cindy said...

No, sorry Matthew. I had things to do so couldn't stick around till they lit it. Bill says that somebody took pictures but he doesn't know who.