Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

Today started early for me - up at 6:20 to be at church by 7:40.  We had a sunrise service at 8:00, breakfast at 8:45 and second service at 10:00.  I was a Greeter at both services.  We had three baptisms today!

Joan, our pastor's wife - and helpers, planned and cooked a wonderful meal as usual:  scrambled eggs with green and red peppers and onions, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, French toast sticks, sausages, fresh fruit salad, little cinnamon rolls (from Sam's Club), and little cupcakes.
 
Bill, Peggy and I had reservations at Halderwood Farms for Easter Brunch.  I really didn't need to eat after having this good breakfast at church!   I love old barns though so had always wanted to go to Halderwood.  They had salad bar, ham, turkey, roast beef, mashed potatoes & gravy, dressing, green beans, macaroni & cheese, creamed corn, rolls, and pie.  The barn is really neat - wish I'd taken a camera with me!  Here's a picture of the outside from their web site.  They're mostly open by reservation only on holidays and for bus tours and other business events.
 
Bill and I got busy after we got home and cleared everything out of our garage and hosed and swept it out.  With living on a gravel road and driving on them all the time, we track in lots of gravel and dirt especially in the winter.  It looks so nice again! 

I hope everyone has had a nice Easter.  By the way, we received a very pretty Easter lily by delivery this week - with no card!  Do any of you know anything about this so that I can send a thank you?  I hope the delivery people didn't lose the card!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of good food!