Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Birthday Fun

Wow, it is cold and windy - again today!  The temp was 6 when we got up this morning - with the sun hitting it!  It's so cold that there has been a sun dog to the east.  I took a picture of it but it doesn't show up very well.  This one isn't as bright as some I've seen.  I had never heard of a sun dog until moving here!  Click HERE to go to a site with a bunch of sun dog pictures.  We're supposed to get  6" of snow & wind Thurs.
Lacey was here on my birthday and the night before.  Her birthday was a few days earlier.  She normally doesn't like cake much but had told her mom that this year she wanted to have a cake like a "normal person" so they were getting a Dairy Queen cake.  When I found out she'd be here on my birthday, I told her we'd bake a normal person cake!  We made chocolate cake batter and put it in two heart shaped pans and both decorated our own.  That was fun.  She didn't think I'd have enough room for the right number of candles on my cake!
We had a little tea party with the tea set I gave her on her birthday last year.  She prefers hot choc.
 It was a really nice day which doesn't happen very often on my birthday, so we went outside to see what Uncle Bill was doing in the shed.  She saw our rock pile and had a great time climbing it.  She thought she even wanted to come back the next day to do that again.  Then we went down the hill to the creek and crossed it since it's frozen and walked up the hill on the other side.  She thought the view was "amazing".  I like it too. 
On top of the pile.

Comfy at the top.
No snakes in the winter!  But we didn't mention that!
Even I didn't break the ice.

View of the back of our place from the top of the hill across the creek.  Sure will be glad when our trees are bigger - it's so bare now!

No comments: