Thursday, February 7, 2013

Home Again

I got back from Iowa City Mon. night.  Had a good day to drive home.  A couple days before I left to go to Iowa City last week, there was snow and ice over that way so along Hwy. 380 heading south I lost count at 20 cars and semis that were still off the roadThere had been a towing ban for a while.  So it was nice for me to have sunny, dry pavement for both going there and driving home.

Our friends got to come home yesterday.  They had appointments while there and Todd had radiation treatments.  Today they're finding out about chemo.  It's definitely a very emotional roller coaster and as Terri says, life has changed for them. 

I had taken my laptop with me but the hotel's Wi-Fi connection was very slow so I didn't even try to do blog posts.  I couldn't even send e mails.  I was glad I could with my phone.  

While there and in a Hy-Vee grocery, I was looking at their flowers to see what I might like to pick up for their room and happened to see these adorable "Pick Me Up" bouquets made in a votive candle holder for the vase!!  I wish these were available everywhere!  They're just the perfect little size and really all that is needed.  I sure don't know how they do them for only $5!   



the one I got them - so cute!!


a lotta shrimp!
I stopped in the store on my way out of town to pick up another bouquet that I ended up giving to Terri's mom, and saw this HUGE pile of shrimp!  Everyone was shopping for Super Bowl.  The guy there told me this was 100 lbs.!

Terri is in P.E.O. with me and another one of our friends/P.E.O. members came to Iowa City to help out too if needed.  Sandy was able to stay with her daughter who goes to University of Iowa.  She came home yesterday as our friends were traveling home.  This morning she dropped this one off for me! 
My peaceful river view from my hotel room.
We still have overhead door guys working on the shed but they should get done today.        

No comments: