Saturday, December 29, 2012

Good Advice

Every day I receive an e mail from Sandy when she posts to her blog, Reluctant Entertainer.  I'm kind of a reluctant entertainer but wanting and trying to be a better hostess and have read some good tips for being one on this blog.  Things like your house doesn't have to be perfect - nobody notices.  And don't point out your food that maybe didn't turn out perfect.  It makes people uncomfortable and they don't know what to say.  I always worry about what I'd have for the food that everyone would like and that would be easy to finish up with company in the house.  This is the tip I like best:  she says to have one meal in mind that most people would like, that you know turns out well and keep those things on hand.  Then if people stop by at meal time, it's your "go to meal".  You don't have to think about it.    The most important things are the people and visiting.  

Today her post is on How to Fight After-Christmas Blues.  I think lots of people have this "condition" in January and February, and her post today has lots of good advice.  Click HERE to read it. 

While my two little great nieces are so excited today to be getting to go to a hotel with a water park in it tonight, I'm getting ready to put on as many clothes as I can to go ride the sleigh to see Christmas lights with my niece, Ryanne, and my mother-in-law!  We have snow so that's great, very little wind which is good, but the temp. is 12 with the sun shining!  Brrrr!  Should be fun!

No comments: