Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Preparations

 I've been getting things ready around here for the P.E.O. meeting tomorrow night.  Today I've been doing the fun part - baking!   I'll take more pictures and tell you what this is after tomorrow.  A couple of people that will be here sometimes read the blog!


 On Friday, I picked up Diane's girls at daycare and they helped me decorate the Christmas tree.
My little elves.helpers.
They seemed more excited about having an after school snack than decorating until I actually opened the boxes of ornaments.  When they saw them, they jumped up, grabbed the Santa hat and reindeer antlers, put them on and got busy!   I had thought about not using my same misc. ornaments I've been collecting for years and putting on all red and gold balls.  But Lacey already remembers and looks for her favorite ornaments every year.  I don't think putting all balls on would be the same!  Plus I really like our initial K's and First Christmas Together '07, the Christmas mouse, the little Night Before Christmas book that you can really read,  the 3 shiney hearts, etc.

Bill is feeling better today and is at an insurance meeting tonight.  It was very sunny here today but very cold (8 this morning).  Still no rain.  The experts are saying that even if we start getting some rain or snow, it's going to take a year to recover from this drought.     
 













No comments: