Saturday, February 4, 2012

Super Bowl Excitement


All of us from the Indianapolis area are so excited for Indiana's first Super Bowl! This week on Facebook I've been seeing lots of pictures posted from friends of mine who have been Super Bowl volunteers, and I've been reading the articles posted by WRTV6 there. Everyone was a little concerned about having a Super Bowl in a winter climate, but this strange winter is continuing and they've had great weather this whole week except for some sprinkles today. I read about the downtown crowds there last night comparing to New Year's Eve in New York. I'm seeing great reviews on the organization of it all, the fun things to do and the Hoosier hospitality.

If you see volunteers tomorrow that have on Colts blue and white scarves, they were knitted or crocheted by people all over and are all different! There was even an article about them in our newspaper last Sun.

I plan to be glued to the TV all day tomorrow so have been making some Super Bowl day food tonight. They are all new recipes to me except for my neighbor's brownies - yum! I made Beer Dip for pretzels that I found on Pinterest, Cookie Dough Dip best with graham crackers per the reviews from the Tasty Kitchen blog and Poppy Seed Ham & Cheese Sandwiches from the future Rolfe Cookbook. They are interesting - you use dinner rolls with ham & Swiss cheese, melt butter with brown sugar, mustard, Worcestershire and poppy seeds and pour that over the sandwiches, refrigerate overnight, then bake covered for 30 min., uncover and bake 5 more min. to brown. I've heard that these are very good. We need a salad or some veggies but haven't decided what that will be yet. If any of these are really good, I'll post the recipe(s).

Since our Colts and Peyton Manning didn't make it to the Indy Super Bowl, most of us are rooting for Peyton's brother, Eli's, Giants. I've always kinda liked Tom Brady so it's going to be a good game for me either way. I hope it's a close, exciting game.

*** What a great game!! Way to go Giants!


No comments: