Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to All

I spent a lot of "romantic" holidays "alone" before meeting Bill! The ones like Valentine's Day, New Year's Eve, 4th of July, Christmas Eve. Sometimes I'd go out with a friend and we'd complain about men and other times I'd try to forget it was a holiday. Lots of strategies for doing that. As they say, you learn from your experiences so now I try to remember people that are alone at the hard times.

Bill and I had only had one date in Iowa before he came to Indiana so he'd be with me for Valentine's Day and my birthday, and I think
we've been together on those days since. Last night he brought home these roses. He's definitely a keeper! I think his parents were good examples. His dad always got his mom flowers and a heart shaped box of chocolates 'cause we picked them up for him once!

There aren't many good restaurants out here and one that we went to on Valentine's Day once was about a 2 hour miserable wait so now we usually just have a nice meal at home. We both love lobster so this year we had lobster, Red Lobster type garlic biscuits, potatoes, salad and Aunt Jan's Texas Cake - for lunch today. I have a P.E.O. meeting tonight.

Below are a couple of the Valentines I made this year using Stampin' Up!'s Big Shot and punches.


Special thanks to Uncle Neal for helping me get some flowers to my mom today!



No comments: