Saturday, July 16, 2011

Livermoredaze Parade

We live close to Dallas Clark's hometown (Indianapolis Colts football receiver in case you didn't know) so I've been hoping I'd meet him eventually! I have a Colts magnet on the back of my SUV, I wear Colts shirts quite a bit, etc. I had read that today was a parade in his hometown of Livermore so thought he'd surely be in it! So guess what I did this morning? Yep, I went to the parade. And he was in it!

The Indian was at the edge of town. The 2nd picture is the Hardee's mascot (they don't have any fast food places in that town!).


I thought the family reunion sign with everybody behind it on a wagon was neat.

The two little kids were cute - their sign on the front says "Gone Fishin' ". They were waving most of the time.

Dallas was in t
he back of the green truck there throwing candy. The sign had the name of his Dallas Clark Foundation and web site on it. No sign of anything Colts except one little girl sitting next to me wearing a Colts visor. People in his town say he's a super nice guy, and I think he's just a normal person in town when he's home.

They've named a street after him though (last picture) - Dallas Clark Road. His house used to be on that street but I've heard he built a new one.

I still hope to get to talk to him sometime!














After the parade, I went on to the Humboldt Farmers' Market since I haven't been to it yet this season. Lots of vendors along the main street. I bought some fresh green beans and a jar of black raspberry jelly.

This afternoon, I made a black raspberry pie from some of Peggy's raspberries. Will post a picture another day. Grandma R. used to make them and they were so good. I was happy to find I had her recipe.

No comments: