Friday, July 22, 2011

Just HOT


Nothing much new around here. It's just been hot and humid like about everywhere else.

I'm getting things ready for a meeting and a stamp class in Indiana the end of the month. Gathering up catalogs, order forms, door prizes, stamps, ink pads, card stock, putting together projects for the ladies to make, deciding on food, etc.

I've gone the past week or so for the yearly eye exam, dentist appointment and had a couple of physical therapy sessions. I'm still battling my frozen shoulder but it is getting better. It should be since I've had it over a year. Not fun. I've been trying to get most of the appointments done in the summer since we're busy in spring and fall and the weather is iffy starting in Dec.

Today Bill greased the sprayer and mowed some weeds. He was mowing with a tractor without a cab and got stuck here for a while because we got a little rain. Yesterday he sprayed for mosquitoes around our house and his mom's and the couple days before that he was finishing up spraying fields for weeds.

Bryan, Bill's cousin, is here again this summer and has been doing my mowing job.

Today is Bill's birthday. He decided he wanted a jello cake and pizza - that's easy! I offered to make big, homemade cakes like Red Velvet, German Chocolate, Italian Cream types but he's a white cake/vanilla icing kind of guy (white walls, white house . . .).

I took both of these pictures tonight. Saw the field with hay ready to be baled down the road from us as I went to pick up the pizza. I thought the light was kind of pretty on the tasseled corn when the train came through although I didn't get the camera and outside quite quick enough.

No comments: