Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Deep Snow





These are all pictures taken last weekend. We had hoar frost again Fri. and Sat. I'm amazed at how deep the snow is on the sides of the sidewalks (first picture) and in the yards in town. The 2nd one shows how deep it is against the old school.

Yesterday afternoon I headed north to Minneapolis to catch a flight at 1:00 today. It was a slick drive half way but about 2 hours from Minneapolis, the roads were bare. Saw a few overconfident drivers newly in the ditch along the way early on the drive. I was glad to get here and not have to do that drive this morning like I was going to. School at home is delayed 2 hours again today. My shuttle from the hotel to the airport is in an hour. I'm parking my vehicle here at the hotel for an extra $20 (vs. about $70 at the airport).

I'm leaving this white stuff and cold behind to go stay with my mom and aunt & uncle for a few days so the next pictures here will be of palm trees!

No comments: