Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kids are Funny

My favorite magazine, Country, always has a page or two of funny things kids say. My favorite age of kids is about 3-6 when they come up with funny things and ways of saying things. Here are a few of my favorites from the Feb./Mar. issue:

Walking past a bakery, I asked our granddaughter if she'd like some doughnut holes. "No thanks" she declined. "I'd rather have the doughnuts".

"You are so soft," grandson Jack, 4, told his mother as he snuggled in her lap. "And Grandma's even softer. I don't think she has any bones!"

We told our two little boys that their friends couldn't come over to play because they had chicken pox. "Cool!" they said. "Do they have feathers too?"

Years back, when our grandson was small, I let him sprinkle on a bit of my bath talc. The next time he stayed over, he asked hopefully, "Can I put on some more powdered sugar?"

We have bright sunshine today with 1 degree this afternoon. Bill is blowing snow at his mom's to make way for the 4-7" predicted for tomorrow. I took the ornaments off the Christmas tree this morning. Bill took it apart (3 sections) after lunch and we carried it down to the basement - done!

For those of you who are stampers, be sure to check my Stampin' Up! web site (above right) under Promotions for all that's going on right now including the start of Sale-A-Bration TODAY! (free product with every $50 ordered)

No comments: