Sunday, April 15, 2012

Road Trip to Carroll

Saturday Mom, Diane & her girls and I went to Carroll, Iowa to the Santa Maria Vineyard & Winery for lunch to continue celebrating Diane's birthday. We liked our lunch and sampled a couple of wines. The cute little table and chairs were in the corner of the restroom! They had a nice piazza area for outdoor seating (fountain picture). It would be a perfect place for a wedding reception.

Bill & I aren't into wine that much, but I fell in love with this wine rack (last picture) and thought it would make a nice addition to the wall of our eating area, and we could display bottles of wine from Iowa wineries. (I believe there are ove
r 50 wineries in Iowa.) For now, we have the one from Train Wreck Winery and the one I bought at Santa Maria. It's called Ringneck Red and has a picture of a pheasant on the label.

We did check out some of the shops in Carroll and Diane bought a lizard. She's always liked having little pets like fish, crabs, snails, turtles or lizards.






3 comments:

Glenn Markley said...

I have been to this winery many times. Always get to talk with the owner each time, and have taken the tours. Will visit the vineyard next trip that way. The food I have eaten there a few times has been very good. Glenn Markley

Marie said...

I have never been to a winery, but everyone who goes always has fun. I love the wine rack.

Cindy said...

Thanks Marie - we like it too. It is fun to be able to try wines before buying a whole bottle. You should go to the one near Bloomington - it's really nice. Oliver Winery?