Thursday, October 28, 2010

Trip to Ft. Dodge Day


After another day of close to 40 mph winds with almost 60 mph gusts yesterday, today was colder but a nice, sunny, non-windy day to go to Ft. Dodge with my long Walmart list. Our Walmart is about 45 min. away (no Target or anything in between!) so we all keep running lists. I keep stocked up on everything but especially at this time of year. I don't like to make that trip much in winter. I returned a couple things at Menard's, picked up a shop vac brush for Bill at Sears, checked out the holiday stuff at Hobby Lobby, got gas and went to Walmart.

On the way home, I did my traditional stop at the apple orchard. Besides apples, they have good soup and sandwiches and the usual apple dumplings, fudge, etc. and a gift shop on the main floor with gourmet foods, apple pies, etc. and upstairs in the attic a gift shop with unique items for decorating, babies, jewelry and some clothing. Today, in the attic, they were working on switching over from fall to Christmas. Always fun to make a stop there for apples and to look at everything.


No comments: