Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Blowing Snow

I had the annual eye dr. appointment in Ft. Dodge on Mon. On the way there it was snowing some and slick in spots but mostly blowing out in the open areas. This picture sort of shows how the snow blows here. The ditches and fields fill up. From then on whenever it snows it blows across the road. There are white outs a lot too.

Besides the eye dr., we also went to the mall, had lunch and made a few other stops including getting some spare intakes due to one getting torn up by me with the stalk cutter this Fall. (they're "only" $22 - whew!) As Bill said, at least it was one of the plastic ones instead of the galvanized steel. I was lucky that only the intake was torn up and nothing else!

I'm going to call this a gingerbread man - made of baled corn stalks. It's on the way to Humboldt. I'm not sure how long it's been there but I had seen it before. I finally had my camera with me to take a picture today. It has a couple of Christmas packages on its leg.

No comments: