Thursday, October 22, 2015

Black Bean Taco Soup Recipe

I recently tried this recipe for the first time and we liked it.  It makes a nice amount but not too much.  I used my medium size crock pot and it was about 3/4 full.  I did use black beans.  And I used a bag of our frozen corn instead of the canned.

Black Bean Taco Soup

1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 package taco seasoning
1  16 oz. can corn (undrained)
1  16 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed (or kidney or pinto beans)
1  14 oz. can stewed tomatoes
1  14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1  8 oz. can tomato sauce
1  4 oz. can diced green chilies
tortilla chips
other taco toppings you like (cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc.)

Directions:
Brown meat and onion; drain.  Stir in taco seasoning, corn, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and green chilies.  You can either simmer on low heat for 20-30 min. or put in the crock pot and cook on Low for a few hours or High for 2-3.  

Serve with tortilla chips and your favorite toppings (we like cheese and a little sour cream, and I add green onions to mine).

This freezes well too.  Just thaw and add a little water when reheating.  
 

No comments: