Friday, April 17, 2015

Here we go!

The weather is good so all of a sudden the past couple of days the tractors and planters are going and things are hoppin'!  It's fun to be back out there!

We have friends visiting for a couple of days staying at Peggy's.  John has been wanting to drive the quad trac so he did my job and I made lunch for everybody yesterday.  Then Peggy, Mary Jeanne and I made cards all afternoon!  I now have 16 cards for various occasions ready to mail!  
We copied these ideas from cards I found on Pinterest.  I don't enjoy designing - I just like to make them.  Mary Jeanne's family is Irish so she really liked this card I had made so she made herself a sample.

We had a field cultivator break down so parts are being picked up and the guys will get them installed.  In the meantime, I'm catching up our laundry, etc.

My favorite flowers are daffodils and I want to have LOTS of them here around our house, but I'm having trouble getting them going.  I had only 3 blooms in one spot.  Last Fall I planted a few more trying another location and yesterday saw that 2 of them are blooming.  Will plant more this Fall!

I've mentioned several times that I love Our Iowa magazine.  There is a column called From the Mouths . . . - always funny things that kids say.  Here's a couple good ones:

We were attending the funeral of an aunt who had lived a long, fulfilling life.  As the minister began, our 3 year old grandson stood up in the front pew and asked, "What's in the box?"  At that moment, the solemn service became a celebration of life.  (hahaha!!)

While watching her dad grilling the meat for dinner, our 7 year old granddaughter exclaimed, "I love my steaks.  I could never be a veterinarian."
 

No comments: