Saturday, September 13, 2014

Clay County Fair

Thursday, Bill and I went to the Clay County Fair in Spencer.  The link/web site says it has the second largest agricultural exposition in N. America.  Everyone here likes it much better than the Iowa State Fair which is in Des Moines.  It was an overcast, cold day to go, but that meant less people.  

I really didn't take pictures this time - just these of Farmer Bob. It was "Thank a Farmer Day" at the fair.

I still appreciate not working and being able to do these fun things during the week!!

We always split up - Bill goes to check out the new and bigger farm equipment and looks at tools, and I go check out all the booths in the buildings and occasionally a show.  Last year I wasted a bunch of time watching cherry pie judging so didn't make that mistake this year.  (they didn't talk about the pies entered at all so I didn't learn any tips)   We meet for lunch and then split up again until we're done.  

Even though it was cold this time (last year was perfect!), we always look forward to going at the end of the summer and before we get busy, and then it's kinda sad when it's over. 

This morning the temp. was right around 33 so we had a little frost in the yard but looks like my flowers next to the house may have been spared this time. 

No comments: