Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dallas Trip - Part 2

After planning our trip to Dallas, I happened to remember that a branch of my Stampin' Up! downline is in Rowlett, Texas and I knew that was in the area where Glenn lives. So I called Sheri, my Manager there, and asked if she might be having a downline meeting while we were there that I could attend! It turns out that she did have a meeting planned. It was fun to meet these ladies whose names I've been seeing on my downline reports.

Since there's no way they can ever attend the meetings I have for my group in Indiana, I took door prizes for all! Sheri showed us the new Simply Scored tool we now sell along with the new diagonal plate that is for making envelopes, boxes, etc., and she had a fun project for us to make. I took the catalog from my first year as a demonstrator, 1996, to show them how far Stampin; Up! has come as a company, some of the old newsletters and pictures of fun times at conventions.

Then I treated them to lunch at Gloria's on Lake Hubbard in Rockwall. It has Tex-Mex and Salvadoran food. I had the chicken dish below. I thought the fish dish looked really good.
Getting together with other Stampin' Up! Demonstrators is always fun! We never run out of things to talk about!

No comments: