Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Peach Pie Ever

Bill has started asking for peach pie almost as much as he mentions apple pie!  When we were in the Loess Hills last weekend, we stopped at Small's Fruit Farm.  (click HERE to read their story and see pictures)  They had Missouri peaches which are always good - and transparent apples!  I was so excited to find these apples because they are the kind that Grandma & Grandpa Randall had - the apple trees I climbed all the time and they made the best applesauce I've ever had!  The fruit farm also had homemade apple, peach and cherry pie that you could buy whole or by the slice.  Bill had a piece of peach and I had cherry.  Mine was the best cherry pie I've ever had. She warmed it up just right and served with soft serve vanilla ice cream.   Mmmmmm!  Nice middle of the day stop!  They had lots of other produce too.  I wish this place was closer to us!
Yesterday while Bill and Tim were working on the stump removal, I baked my first peach pie (it's my least favorite kind so have never made one) with almost 4 lbs. of fresh Missouri peaches I bought at our Farmers' Market this week.  The recipe I used came from my Betty Crocker cookbook.  The peaches were really juicy so I was worried that it would be runny but was very happy with the way it turned out - and so was Bill!



 

2 comments:

Pam L said...

Love, love, love anything made with peaches!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm....pie.

-Jim